Why Wait? LAUGH NOW!!!
Do you want more happiness in your life? Well, who doesn’t!
Do you feel like you need to laugh more? When did you last have a good belly laugh?
As children, we laughed hundreds of times a day, but as adults, life tends to be taken so much more seriously and laughter doesn’t come as easily. But by seeking out more opportunities for humor and laughter, you can improve your emotional health, strengthen your relationships, and find greater happiness. Laughing is a reset button, decreasing stress hormones and increasing infection-fighting antibodies, even improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins. These are the body’s natural feel-good chemicals, which promote an overall sense of well-being and temporary pain relief. Laughter is how we can see and hear happiness.
Here are a few life hacks to reboot your sense of humor–life hacks are all about keeping things simple:
- Get a pet—they are naturally hilarious
- Share your own embarrassing moments with friends or find a way to keep things light. In other words, don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Spend time with children; they laugh more often and more freely, and it’s contagious.
- Be a comedian. It’s our job to help other people laugh, which makes us laugh. Plus, we get to hear other comedians when we are at shows, so the laughter is multiplied.
- And most importantly, because I already know that most of you won’t become comedians, and because I’m not an expert on diet or exercise, you will want to find the best way to relieve stress and create a natural blissful happiness. In my personal experience of the past 49 years, the absolute best technique for that is TM. When you decrease daily stress and anxiety, happiness and its expression in laughter grows
About the Author
Pam Bruno, located in Miami, FL, has been a Stand-up comedian for the past 20 years. She performs all over Florida and has her own 1-Woman Show, soon to be traveling to other towns.