The TM technique is Different
Different meditation techniques engage the mind in different ways and produce different effects on the mind, body and behavior.
Some techniques involve watching your thoughts or focusing on your breathing or body. Others employ concentration, visualization or trying to clear away thoughts. There’s also guided meditation, contemplation or meditating for insight.
TM is unlike all of these—in fact, it’s completely different.
- It’s Effortless
You don’t have to concentrate, focus your attention, or control your mind. In fact, effortlessness is the key to TM’s effectiveness.
- It’s Transcendental
TM allows you to go deep within to experience a revitalizing state of restful alertness or pure consciousness. When you transcend, you access your reserves of energy, creativity and intelligence—infusing more clarity and happiness into daily life.
- More Scientifically Verified
Over 350 independent, peer-reviewed studies verify that the technique relieves stress, promotes inner peace and rejuvenates the mind and body. The research suggests a range of benefits not seen in studies on other meditation techniques.
What the Research Shows
The TM technique is the only meditation technique that shows:
- A sustained reduction in heart disease:
- Clinically significant reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Reduction in left ventricle mass
- Reduction in atherosclerosis
- A minimum of 48% reduction in cardiac events like heart attacks and strokes.
- Significant reductions in healthcare utilization and costs.
- The TM technique is the only meditation technique that shows increases in broadband intra and unique inter-hemispheric EEG coherence associated with increased neurological functioning, IQ, academic performance, grade point average, creativity, concept learning, serenity, emotional stability, self-esteem, moral reasoning, and consciousness orientation.
The TM technique is the most effective meditation for:
- Reducing drug, alcohol and cigarette use
- Increasing self-actualization (3 times more than any other meditation or relaxation technique)
- Significantly reducing depression and stress
- Reducing anxiety (twice as much as any other form of meditation)